Liver Disease Home Remedies
The Importance of our Liver:
It is important to point out that the way the Liver is looked at Physiologically and treated by Naturopaths, Herbalists and TCM Practitioners is very different from how it is viewed and treated by Orthodox Western or Allopathic medicine.
Additionally, it is worth knowing that your Liver is a Hot-Metabolic Active-Organ and so tends to get Congested and Inflamed.
A little insight into OUR Liver:
- The Liver is the "washing machine" of your body.
- The Liver Cleanses your body of Toxins, Pathogens and Impurities.
- Based on the construction of our Body, the Liver via one of its channels: Colon, Lungs, Skin and Mouth comes in contact with every substance the body contacts first.
- The Liver is the seat of our Emotions: The Chinese Herbalists know this over 4000 years ago. So did the Ancient Egyptians – you can get a glimpse of this from The Laws of Plato.
- Therefore if you find yourself getting Angry for no apparent reason, Sad, Depressed, Nervous, Edgy, Fearful, Paranoid and Fidgety, you need to look critically at your Liver.
- Herbalists across all Traditions agree that our Kidneys - being part of the eliminating process through which our Liver works - must therefore be treated with our Liver simultaneously.
Some of the Primary Functions of your Liver are:
- Bile Production and Excretion
- Excretion of Bilirubin, Cholesterol, Hormones, and Drugs
- Metabolism of Fats
- Metabolizing of Proteins
- Metabolizing of Carbohydrates
- Enzyme Activation
- Storage of Glycogen, Vitamins, and Minerals
- Synthesis of Plasma Proteins, such as Albumin, and Clotting Factors
- Blood Detoxification and Purification of: Alcohol, Drugs, Pollutants and Poisonous Chemicals
- Blood Filtration
- Immunological Function
Our whole Body Systems including: The Immune System, Digestive Tract, Brain, Musculoskeletal, Reproductive, Urinary – Kidneys, and Cardiovascular System, depend on a very Healthy and optimal functioning of your Liver. This is why Liver Diseases such as Hepatitis C can have such varied symptoms.
Consequently, given the very nature and function of the Liver, any sign of Diseased Liver can potentially affect the major functions of the body system and organs. Consequently, it is of utmost importance to take a very good care of this powerful organ.
There are many types of diseases that can affect the liver and its functions.
§ Autoimmune Hepatitis
§ Biliary Atresia
§ Hepatitis A
§ Hepatitis B
§ Hepatitis C
§ Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
The Primary Causes of Liver Disease include:
- Ethyl Alcohol-Alcoholism-resulting into what we call Alcoholic Liver, as the main cause of Liver Cirrhosis
- Peroxides - particularly Peroxidised edible oils
- Food Toxin: Aflatoxins
- Pharmaceuticals: Antibiotics, Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy Agents, CNS-Active Drugs, Statin Drugs.
- Environmental Pollutants: Xenobiotics
Many Liver Qi Deficiency or conditions begin as flu-like symptoms and progress to more severe signs of Liver damage such as Jaundice, Liver Cancer and Dark-coloured Urine.
Some other symptoms of liver problems include:
- Loss of Appetite
- Joint Pain
- Stomach Discomfort
- Stomach Pain
- Nose Bleeds
- Abnormal blood Vessels on the Skin - Spider Sngiomas
- Varicose Veins
- Itchy Skin
- Low Sex Drive
More serious symptoms include:
- Yellowing of the Skin and Eyes - Jaundice
- Confusion and difficulty thinking clearly
- abdominal swelling - Ascites
- swelling of the legs - Oedema
- Gynecomastia - when males start to develop breast tissue
- Enlarged Liver - Hepatomegaly
- Dark Urine
- Pale-colored Stools
It has to be known that nature has endowed us with the abundance of Natural Remedies that abounds in nature to cure any form of diseases that affect the our Liver, for example: Bupleurum, Dandelion, Hyssop, Gentian, False Unicorn, and many more others are the gifts of nature to Heal us.
Therefore if you are looking for or experiencing:
- Herbal Remedy For Liver Jaundice
- Best Supplements For Liver Cirrhosis
- Nutrition For Alcoholic Liver
- Hepatitis Natural Remedies
- Liver Disease or Chronic Hepatitis Remedies
- Itchy Skin
- Watery Eyes
- Emotional Stress
- Coughing... you have a wide range to choose from.
Watch the space as there are going to be full descriptions and suggestive healing protocols and remedies on all diseases from our information site.
Items 1-10 of 14